**UPDATE: AS OF MARCH 30, 2021, THE SBA ANNOUNCED THAT RESTAURANT OWNERS WHO SEEK TO PARTICIPATE IN THE RESTAURANT REVILATIZATION FUND WILL NOT NEED TO SIGN UP FOR A SAM.GOV ACCOUNT OR BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A DUNS NUMBER.
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 establishes a $28.6 billion Restaurant Revitalization Fund within the SBA, which will provide eligible business with a tax-free federal grant based on revenue decline. As the SBA works on building the application platform, it would be in your best interest to register for a DUNS number so you can then register in the System for Award Management (SAM.gov). Below are step-by-step instructions on how to register.
DATA UNIVERSAL NUMBERING SYSTEM (DUNS) NUMBER
- Check if your business already has a DUNS number using the following link: https://www.dnb.com/duns-number/lookup.html
- If your business does not have a DUNS number, visit the following link and follow the prompts: https://www.dnb.com/duns-number/get-a-duns.html
- Primary Reason for DUNS Number Registration: “I’m a US Government Contractor or Grantee”
To sign up with SAM.gov, entities must create a login.gov user account. Visit the following link and follow the prompts: https://login.gov/create-an-account/
- Use your login.gov account to log into SAM.gov: https://sam.gov/SAM/
- “Create Individual Account”
- Select “Entity Registrations” to the left of the page, then “Register New Entity”
- “Start Registration”
- Follow the prompts and answer questions based on the entity of which you are registering for.
FAQ throughout the application –
Q/A: Why are you registering this entity to do business with the U.S. government? // I only want to apply for federal assistance opportunities like grants, loans, and other financial assistance programs.
Q/A: Is your business or organization, as represented by the DUNS Number on this entity registration, responding to a Federal procurement opportunity that contains the provision at FAR 52.209-7, subject to the clause in FAR 52.209-9 in a current Federal contract, or applying for a Federal grant opportunity which contains the award term and condition described in 2 C.F.R. 200 Appendix XII? // This will vary from business to business depending on your federal funding, but common answer is “No” if you have not, and will not, receive federal funding in excess of $10 million.
- Make sure the data you provide matches exactly to the information entered in DUNS.
- Marketing Partner Identification Number (MPIN) – This will be used to apply in Grants.gov
- CAGE Code – Enter if you have one. If you do not have one, one will be assigned after registration. CAGE codes are tied to DUNS Numbers and cannot be reused.
SAM.GOV NOTARIZED LETTER
A signed notary letter must be submitted within 60 days of a new account. Template letters have been linked below for your convenience. Complete the missing components of the letter and publish on letterhead. The letter must be signed and notarized.
- Letter Template
- Insert Business Letterhead and Complete Letter
- Sign and Notarize Letter
- Scan Executed Letter and Submit to Federal Service Desk
- Use your login.gov credentials to login to www.fsd.gov
- “Create an Incident”
- System Name – “System for Award Management (SAM)”
- Issue Type – “SAM: Notarized Letter”
- Business Type – “Grants”
- Subject – “Letter Designating Entity Administrator – New Registration”
- Describe the Issue – “Please review the attached letter designating our Entity Administrator.”
- Add Attachments – Upload Executed/Notarized Letter
- Fill in the remaining fields, click “Submit”